Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Online Community

My professional online community is alaskateacher.org I chose to write about my involvement with this website as it has been an important tool in my quest for continuing my art teaching career in Alaska. I have posted my resume and cover letter on this website and in turn the website contacts me when there are open art teaching positions in Alaskan schools. It has proven to be extremely helpful in this time of job search in this fine state.
       Not only does the website contain a list of available art jobs but it contains a list of other teaching jobs open in case I would like to get certified in another subject and pursue a teaching career in history or even math. In addition to supplying a list of jobs that are available in the Alaska school districts, this website provides general information about Alaska,  links to Alaskan school districts, and information on getting certified in Alaska.
The website has contacted me with information on virtual job fairs and job chatting conferences. Any time I feel that I might not want to look for a job, I simply check my email, and there ATP is, reminding me that a job is right at my fingertips!
If by chance I do get a job in Alaska, the website contains incredibly helpful information regarding relocation, transportation in Alaska, shopping in Alaska, and what to bring. Since Alaska is such an incredibly diverse environment, it is very helpful to know that I can go to ATP and quickly find the information I am looking for regarding everything I ever needed to know about getting a job in Alaska.
Thank you ATP!

No comments: